May 08, 2018
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and we’ve got ideas to make sure the mother in your life is treated to a day she won’t forget! Skip the crowds at restaurants and serve her one of these delicious butcher-approved recipes.
1. Duck Egg & Asparagus Frittata by The Organic Butcher's Chef Matt
2 shallots thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
8 duck eggs
¾ cups ricotta chees or softened chèvre (we recommend Caromont Farm's Chevre)
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped tarragon
1 cup shredded lamb chopper cheese
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat shallots until translucent, add the asparagus and saute for 3 to 4 more minutes
2. Beat eggs with ricotta or chevre and season with salt
3. Add eggs to the pan and sprinkle the herbs on top, season with some fresh cracked pepper if desired
4. Top with cheese and put in broiler for about 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown, and the center of the egg is set
5. Allow to cool then slice into wedges and serve to Mom with a glass of champagne! ;-)
2. Grilled Wild-Caught Alaskan Halibut Niçoise with Market Vegetables
By Andrew Knowlton from Bon Appetit.
3. Seared Scallops with Mint, Peas and Bacon
By Rhoda Boonefrom Epicurious.
4. Fresh Maryland Crab and Spinach Quiche - Paleo
By Cheryl Malik of 40 aprons.
5. Dill-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Farro, Pea, and Blistered Tomato Salad
By Katherine Sacks from Epicurious.
August 02, 2018
August 02, 2018
June 11, 2018
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2018 The Organic Butcher of McLean.