If you're more of a do-it-yourselfer or looking for a fun project with the family we have the perfect recipe for you. Our DIY Easter Ham starts with Fresh Pork Legs from our friends at Autumn Olive Farm in Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. They will come prepared with the aitch bone removed, skin-off and cut into the traditional cone shape for easy slicing.
We put together Brine Kits and a mouth-watering recipe to finish these incredible Hams in the oven. Make sure to start this process at least 4 days in advance or request it pre-brined.
DIY Brine Recipe:
1. Heat 32 C or 2 GAL of water to a simmer. Add The Organic Butcher Brine Kit to water. Make sure everything is fully dissolved. Let fully cool or add ice. Put in Fresh pork leg in the Brine Bag we provide and add the fully cooled brine mixture.
2. Allow the fresh ham to brine for at least 48 hours.
3. Remove, rinse and fully dry the fresh ham.
Glazed Easter Ham Recipe:
- 1/2 C Local Raw Honey
- 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Whole Grain Ground Mustard
- 2 TBSP Shrub District Pineapple Allspice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Mix all ingredients together. Let the pre-brined ham sit in the marinade for 1-2 days rotating a few times throughout.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Put the ham and its marinade in a roasting pan with the bone facing up.
4. Baste every 30 minutes with the marinade and drippings until the internal temperature reaches 160-175 degrees, approximately 5-6 hours.
5. Let rest and fully cool. Set covered in refrigerator until it is ready to slice and serve. Enjoy!